Aric Clinton Participates in 76th Session of Missouri Boys State

(WARRENSBURG, MO) — Aric Clinton participated in The American Legion Boys State of Missouri June 13-20 on the campus of the University of Central Missouri in Warrensburg. Clinton was selected based on his leadership, citizenship, academics, and character during his junior year at McCluer High School.

Boys State is pure democracy in that all citizens may vote and are eligible to hold office. The program is designed to educate and train Missouri’s young leaders in functional citizenship, leadership and government. Nearly 1,000 student leaders build an entire state government in a single week.

Clinton’s accomplishments, positions held, and awards earned at Missouri Boys State include:  Citizen of Boone City, Member of the Nationalist Party; Senator; County Committee Vice-Chairman; Delegate to County Committee, Ward II; Senate Assistant Majority Leader; Senate Committee Chairman. Clinton attended Legislative School while participating in Boys State.

Clinton (son of Kimberly Akins and Aric Clinton Sr.) was sponsored by American Legion Post 161 – Ferguson. Sponsors afford the opportunity for students to participate in this nationally recognized program and are critical to its continued success. Organizations, businesses, and individuals interested in becoming a sponsor are encouraged to contact the Missouri Boys State Headquarters at 1-877-342-5627.

The entire Boys State staff is comprised of educational, legal, professional, and civic leaders who volunteer their time each year. Missouri Boys State is a 501(c)(3) organization and is a Missouri American Legion program.

Students who will be juniors during the 2015-2016 academic year and are interested in attending should contact their High School Counselor or visit the Missouri Boys State website at www.moboysstate.org. The 2016 session will be held June 18-25. Information presentations by a Boys State staff member are available to schools and organizations by contacting the Missouri Boys State Headquarters at 1-877-342-5627 or email bettie.rusher@moboysstate.org.